N/APosted on - 06/22/2013
I have a powerpoint presentation that is already in the slideshow format. How do I recover music file in powerpoint since the file is embedded in the presentation? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Powerpoint recover music file that is embedded
I can give you tips on how to do extract embedded audio files from your PowerPoint files.
If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 or earlier:
1) Open your PowerPoint file with the embedded music file.
2) From the menu at the top, go to File and then click Save as Web Page.
3) You will see another window, go and click a drop down list called Save as Type. Then select Web Page and click Save, it will be saved into another format from .PPS to .Html or .htm.
4) It will create a folder called "nameofyourpowerpointfile_files". You will see all the embedded files including pictures and audio files. The name of the original audio file has been changed since after you embedded it into the PowerPoint presentation file. It will be usually named sound001.wav or sound001.mp3 depending on the number of music files embedded into the presentation.
If you are using Microsoft PowerPoint 2007:
1) Open your PowerPoint file by clicking the Office button in the upper-left corner of the window.
2) Follow Step 2 to Step 4 of the instructions above because the user-interface of PowerPoint 2007 changed.