N/APosted on - 08/25/2014
After I have installed Power DVD on my PC this error appeared when I tried to open the program. The installer is downloaded from a trusted website and is fully compatible with Windows 7. Can anyone help me please to fix this error ? Why is not working ?
Error. Could not open the key: UNKNOWNComponents95993B6958792283A526B94B781CF2F9A78702C820477AF4FB52E6750539F0CD”. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.
Power DVD fails to open the program
The problem of your user account is, it doesn’t have enough permission to have access to the registry key. You have to take the ownership of the registry key to run the program perfectly.
1. Start Registry Editor. From the Start menu, type “regedit.exe” >> hit Enter.
2. Browse for the following registry key tree from the left panel:
3. Right-click on “Components” >> select “Permissions”.
4. Select your user account there. If not, add yourself from the “Add” button.
5. Select your account and click “Advanced” from the permission list.
6. Check the box saying “Replace all child object permissions with the inheritable permissions from this object” from “Permissions” tab.
7. Select your account from “Owner” tab, check the box “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects”.
8. Press Apply >> OK.
Now, your problem should have solved. In order to learn on taking ownership of registry key more detailed, you might contact this page.