N/APosted on - 08/09/2011
In my offices and colleges, we are disabling or blocking the use of pen drives. However, I still want to enable the USB port after it was blocked. What should I do to enable this USB port?. Now, I need a way to work out on this problem.
Pen Drive or USB Mass storage device disabled at office and college
First, USB Ports are disabled in order to protect it from viruses as well as to protect the information that is found inside of it. Well, you also need to have an administrative right to enable or disable your USB port. If you have an administrative right then, follow the steps below:
1. Go to MY COMPUTER
2. Right Click and select Properties
3. Then Click the Device Manager
4. Below look for the USB PORT in the list and select it
5. You could see an option Enable or Disable
6. Click Enable and you can now start.
But if you do not have an Administrative right then, it would not be possible to enable or disable it.
Best of luck