N/APosted on - 10/08/2011
I am trying set email address on Microsoft outlook express on my Windows XP, but I am experiencing some problem An unknown error has occurred error Number 0x800CCC0B.
And i just wonder what make the differences of incoming and outgoing mail for Gmail addresses in windows live mail and outlook express?
Need help if you have any idea, Is the problem is with incoming server/outgoing server and domain name?.
Because this give an error when I try to click on send button.
Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks.
Please review the list of errors below for more details.
The host 'mail.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly. Account: 'pop3.gmail.com', Server: 'mail.gmail.com', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
Outlook Express Error Host could not be found
I see that you have been having problems with your outlook express. As seen on the error above "pop3.gmail.com" that is an incoming mail server error. Based on Google site you have a different mail server. Is this the first time that you have setup your gmail account with outlook express and the first time that this happened?
If you are still experiencing this up until now, I suggest you start fresh.
Here is what we are going to do:
If you are receiving this type of error, the possible causes would be that you are not connected to the Internet, and by determining that is to browse different websites; another cause is that your mail server is temporarily unavailable; account settings may be incorrect; etc.
Here is what we are going to do first:
1. Verify if you are connected to the internet by going to different websites.
2. Verify your account settings by logging in to your webmail. Since you are setting up your gmail account, go to gmail and log in there first. Reason? We need to be very sure that you are able to log in, gmail site should accept your username and password.
3. After logging in to gmail.com, send yourself a test message. This is to verify if you can send as well as receive emails in you gmail account. This is also to verify that there is no problem with gmail, then we troubleshoot on your outlook settings.
4. After being able to log in to gmail.com and doing a TESTMAIL (not using outlook but thru gmail.com), we are going to check your gmail settings first for you to be able to connect your gmail to your outlook express. Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail settings.
5. Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
6. Select Enable POP for all mail.
7. On #3, you can click on the link: Configuration instructions. After clicking it, a page opens, since you are using outlook express click Outlook Express under Mail Clients.
It will lead you to a page giving you a step-by-step instruction on how to setup your outlook express.
Open outlook express>>Tools menu>>Accounts…>>Click Add>>Click Mail…
Enter your Display name>>Next>>Enter your FULL GMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS (example: [email protected])>>Next.
Dropdown should be POP3>>Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com>>Outgoing mail server: smtp.gmail.com>>Next>> Enter your full email address under Account Name: [email protected]; enter your password, put a checkmark on Remember password>>Click Next>>Click Finish.
Highlight pop.gmail.com under Account>>Click Properties>>Click Advanced>>Outgoing mail, enter 465, put a check mark on This server requires a secure connection>>Incoming mail, enter 995, put a check mark on This server requires a secure connection. You can Leave a copy of messages on server and a check mark on remove from server when deleted from "Deleted Items".
Click Servers tab>>check the box for My server requires authentication>>Click Apply>>Click OK
It is important to click on APPLY button first before clicking on OK. Otherwise changes made to your outlook will not be saved.
Close and reopen outlook to refresh. We need to make sure also that you will not be getting any error messages when you open outlook express, some may be asked to enter the username and password again when they open outlook. After this send yourself a testmail. To verify if you are able to send and receive messages, NOW USING OUTLOOK.
This should solve 90-100% all problems similar to yours.
Hope this helps.
Outlook Express Error Host could not be found
Microsoft Outlook is designed to let you use this software for easy access of email. You will need to configure this software and set-up incoming and outgoing server and each needs port number needed to set-up. Sometimes, you'll get an error messages such as the one you posted. But I'll give you steps on how to solve this issue.
Here's the resolution related to error 0x800ccc0b
Make sure you are not log-in using other computer or email client.
If you are multiple computers that uses the same email address, close all them first and wait for 20 minutes then try it once more.
Other email server can't recognize the improper disconnection, so make sure you disconnect your connection properly.
The account might be 'Poplocked'. If then, wait until 'poplock' to times out, or contact your ISP to manually kill the running task on your account.
It happens if you're at UNIX shells account. And if someone is using your account in another computer, then poplocked is activated. You need to change your password to stop all these issue.
After your password has been changed, update this information on your account on email client.