N/APosted on - 05/23/2015
I am writing this question with great pain as I all time favorite desktop computer has started troubling me in my exam time only. It is good thing because of the fact that I won’t play games, but it is also troubling because, whenever I start to study I think about computer. I took it to service person also. He said, he wants to install new OS for which he needs to format my hard disk. I cannot agree because I have only import and documents, videos and some college materials in C drive. Can anybody help me to recover the data? I am worried.
OS not found Desktop Computer issue
Since you have OS not found issue you want to reinstall the system. But you also want to save your files in C drive. For that you can do the following.
1. Install a new OS in the system without formatting the drive.
2. You will find this while you try to install, where you can format or install with existing partition.
3. Go for existing partition option and install it.
4. After installing take back up of all your files.
5. Then again you install the system by format option to delete all the files of old and new installation.