N/APosted on - 06/24/2013
I´m running UniBeast- Mountain Lion 1.7.0 on a OS X 10.8.3 and trying to install Office but it gives me the following error message “The installation failed”. I have tried many times to fix this problem but I can’t do anything without your help so suggest me the better way to resolve this issue. Thanks.
The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacture for assistance.
Office installation failed on Mountain Lion
The error has occurred because incorrect installation settings.
The solution to it is:
1) Go to 'System Preferences' -> 'Security and Privacy' to access gateway
2) Change the setting to 'Anywhere' and close 'System Preferences'.
3) Click 'Allow From Anywhere' to proceed
4) Complete the installation for Office 2011
5) After installation is complete, navigate to 'System Preferences' -> 'Security & Privacy'.
6) change the Gatekeeper setting back to 'Mac App Store and identified developers'