N/APosted on - 05/30/2012
My Laptop is using Vista Ultimate. It shows some Registry related Error when I am trying Office 2003. "Error1404. Setup cannot delete the registry key SoftwareClasses.tiff.
Verify that you have sufficient permission to access the registry" is the error showing. This type of registry error is so many. Any many application installation is this type of error.
It not write or create *.exe or *.dll file in Program Files directory for so many software like Nero 7, Adobe Reader 8.0, Winamp 5531,etc. The snapshot of error is attached.
Help me please anyone.
Office 2003 Setup “Error 1404” on Windows Vista Ultimate
To solve that problem, please follow this instructions :
1. Close all running program
2. Open Registry, Click START then type in search bar Regedit, then Enter
3. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftOffice
4. Click Edit then choose Permission
5. Permission window will show up, Click on Advance then Advance Security Setting window will show up,
6. click on your username that currently logged on (I logged in Administrator) then click Edit,
7. Permission Entry window will show up, make sure all permission is set to allow, click OK, then OK again then OK again then close registry.
8. Try to install Microsoft office 2003 again