N/APosted on - 09/26/2011
My friend made a movie out of the pictures that we took during our last outing using Window Movie Maker 2.6, and he sent the movie to me through email.
I downloaded the attachment and saved it on my desktop but whenever I try to play it I get this error message: "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients ."
The file format is .wmv. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Here's the error:
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients
To get a better understanding of this issue, we need to determine a few things:
1. Which operating system do you use?
2. What is the length of the movie?
3. What was the original format of the photos?
Certain errors with windows movie maker can be termed as "associated errors" which will occur irrespective of the software program used. They are inclusive of corrupted files, missing files, registry entries that are incorrect, viruses and other infections.
There are different ways of eliminating and reducing errors to make sure they do not appear again.
1. Fix registry errors – Windows registry needs to be scanned and fixed every now and then. These programs are available that will scan and fix the registry errors for you.
2. Scan your computer for viruses, spyware and malware. These normally slow down computers and eat away the memory, causing movie maker to present errors. They are referred to as electronic infections which are the reason behind error messages.
3. Uninstall and reinstall windows movie maker. Viruses and other computer problems can corrupt .DLL files and the other files needed to run movie maker. reinstalling it will put these files back to the computer.
It is also advisable to have a single window or application open at one time.
certain error messages can be eliminated by resulting to these methods.