N/APosted on - 11/06/2014
What are the precautions to be noted when one is refilling an ink jet cartridge with ink? Can I get an illustration to support each point of discussion? Is it advisable to conduct a refill and how many times can a refill be done? Andrew is my name and I am a Senior High School student in one of the west African Countries.
Notable precautions to undertake in refilling an ink jet
Hi Michael B Rodgers,
I will inform you of some of the precautions you should take while refilling an ink cartridge. Refilling an ink cartridge does not require much technical knowledge, it is a pretty easy process.
It is usually cheaper to refill and ink cartridge instead of buying a new. Refilling ink cartridges also helps the environment as it is viewed as a type of recycling.
An ink cartridge can be refilled and reuse as many times as you wish. It is a durable part and will not deteriorate easily.
Here are the steps and precautions you should take. The necessary precautions are noted below the relevant steps.
1. You need to buy an ink refill kit. This kit consists of the ink (in bottles) and the syringes needed to inject the ink into the cartridge.
Precaution: Please ensure that the ink refill kit you are buying is compatible with the ink cartridge you are attempting to refill.
2. Next, you need to remove the empty ink cartridge from the printer.
3. After removing the cartridge, gently peel away the sticker at the top of the cartridge to locate the holes for refilling the ink.
Precaution: It is best to wear disposable rubber gloves in order to prevent ink from staining your hand.
Precaution: Please ensure that the materials you are using are placed on a flat surface. This is to prevent the ink from spilling.
4. Now you need to fill the syringe with the ink you need to put in the cartridge.
Precaution: Before the syringe can be inserted into the cartridge, use a needle or toothpick to punch through holes on the top of the cartridge.
5. Place the point of the syringe into one of the refill holes and gently release the ink into the cartridge by pressing the top of the syringe.
6. Pump enough ink to fill the cartridge.
7. Once filled, replace the sticker that covers the refill holes.
8. Place ink cartridge in printer and you are done.
Precaution: when placing ink cartridge into printer, go gently as parts may break.
Once you take the precautions outline above, there should be no mishaps.
You have now successfully refilled the ink in your printer cartridge.