N/APosted on - 09/22/2011
Hello, I just purchased a Logitech webcam. I installed drivers and connected it with my computer with USB. Problem is when I open it , it says: "Error. Sorry, you have no video capture hardware". Can someone tell me what is the problem and what should I do?
No video capture hardware error
Welcome to techyV
There may be a lot of reasons including device failure (FACTORY DEFECT). On the other hand, you can diagnose and fix such an issue with the following steps:
1. First and foremost, make sure that your computer and windows meet the requirements of your webcam (see user's manual included on the device upon purchase or visit manufacturer's website).
2. Unplug your webcam, reboot your system, plug your webcam and try again.
3. Unplug other USB devices connected to your pc and try again. If the device works, plug back the USB devices one by one to identify which is conflicting.
4. Unplug your webcam and fully uninstall the current driver of the device(logitech webcam) from CONTROL PANEL>ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS. Reboot your system then try to reinstall the driver.
5. Check whether new drivers are available for your webcam on the manufacturer's website and if necessary install them.