N/APosted on - 05/17/2015
I own Dell inspiron 15.6 inch laptop. It was fine till yesterday. This morning, whenever i power on, nothing comes on the screen and all i can hear is only a few beeps. I have restarted the laptop many times and i noticed that the number of beeps is 8 everytime. Has Let me know how to resolve this. I have project work to be completed early next week and any quick response is highly appreciated. Currently laptop is 4 year old, 4GB RAM and 500 GB hard disk. Please share if there is a way to quickly see whether it is only display problem or i have to go for major expenditure here
No Display-laptop beeps 8 times
8 Beeps in dell laptop means that there is some issues in the display. Try the following.
1. Switch off the laptop; disconnect your AC power line.
2. Remove the battery.
3. Then press down power button for 15 seconds to discharge all the power.
4. Again connect everything and restart it.
1. Do steps 1 & 2.
2. Press and hold power button and “D” button for 15 seconds.
3. Connect everything and restart it.
1. Connect your laptop to an external monitor using HDMI cable.
2. Once it is starting press ”F2”
3. Reset your BIOS settings.
4. Restart the system.