N/APosted on - 02/02/2013
I have a problematic machine: In my home, there is a Mac-overweight, and therefore stands around as an AirPort router. I can with my now 4 year old laptop which is not wireless internet, so even though the network is detected. After giving the password I will get the message "no connection could be made …" Does anyone know how to make a connection to a Mac-router at all possible ways, and if so, why my attempts that fail?
Information on the PC:
HP Compaq 6910p
Network card: intel r 82566MM Gigabit Network Connection
Thank you and best wishes!
No connection could be made
You must be very upset because your wireless device can see your wireless network but could not successfully establish a connection.
Here are some basic troubleshooting steps that you can try:
1. Power cycle your Mac router and the wireless device (PC) you are trying to connect.
2. Try to establish a connection and make sure to type in the correct WEP/WPA key (keep in mind that both WEP and WPA are case sensitive).
3. If steps 1 and 2 won’t work, try to access your router’s GUI and try to check the settings and change the network pass phrase if necessary.
4. The last resort is doing a hard reset to reset your router back to its factory settings.
5. You can also call your Internet service provider for help but usually they will refer you to your OEM.
Hope these simple steps will help.