N/APosted on - 09/29/2014
What are the steps involved to network all my PCs to one Printer and what are the logistics needed apart from the Printer and the computer? I am a young entrepreneur and wish to start a small business by setting up an office. I have been able to buy three computers for now plus one printer and do not wish to use one computer per printer. Therefore I would be more than glad if I get your assistance. Thank you.
Networking of three Personal Computers to one Printer
It’s quite easy to use only single printer from different PCs. All you need is to know the techniques.
It’s quite easy in Windows operating system. If you’re on Windows, first of all, make sure that all PC are connected to one local network. Learn how to connect several PCs to one network.
1. Go to Start menu >> Control Panel >> Network and Internet >> Network and Sharing Center.
2. From the left pane, select “Change advanced sharing settings”.
3. Under “File and printer sharing” option, select “Turn on file and printer sharing”.
4. Click “Save changes”.
Now, make the printer available to all the network systems. On the other systems,
1. From Start menu, go to “Devices and Printers”.
2. Right-click on any blank space >> select “Add a printer”.
3. Select “Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer”.
4. Choose the shared printer >> click “Next”.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
If you're on other system, follow these instructions.