Need some effective information about Postgre SQL database system
Here are the list of system requirement for PostgreSQL database.
Operating Systems supported
1. Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5, 6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.
2. Windows Server 2003 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T]).
3. Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise, and Datacenter (64 bit [EM64T]).
4. Windows 7 64-bit is supported for basic ArcSDE.
Data Types included or can be stored are Numeric types (Integer, Floating, Serial, Arbitrary), Monetary types (i. e. Currency), Character Types (any symbol A, b, x, D, 1, 2, 3, & etc), Binary Types, Date and Time Types, Boolean, Geometric, Pseudo-Types, Array Types, Composite Types, UUID and XML Types.
Limitations of this database.
The maximum database size is unlimited and maximum rows per table is unlimited. For table size up to 32 TB, for maximum row size is 1.6 TB and field size will be up to 1 GB. Maximum columns per table will be 250 – 1600 depending on column types and maximum indexes per table is also unlimited.
There are lots of advantage this database can bring to any individual or service providers.
1. Wide-Scale deployment.
2. No one can sue you for breaking license agreement.
3. Lower maintenance and upgrade/tuning requirements.
4. Availability of GUI tools for the database.
5. Stable and reliable.