N/APosted on - 06/29/2014
I love my iphone 5 but just days ago I started having some problems with Siri. Every time I use Siri, I have to reset the entire phone before I can use it again. A friend advised me to do a restore via itunes but I've never done it before. Is it too complicated? Do I need to back up my music and photos before I restore the phone?
Need to reset phone constantly to make Siri work
Hi Avery Brandonn,
I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these difficulties with your iPhone 5. Restoring your iPhone 5 is not a very complicated task. However, you will need to backup all your music and photos as these will be erased during the restore process.
Here are the steps to backup your iPhone 5 using iTunes:
1. Open iTunes by double-clicking on its shortcut located on the desktop.
2. Once iTunes opens up, connect your iPhone 5 to your computer with it's USB cable.
3. A small tab entitled 'iPhone 5' will appear in the iTunes window, click on it
4. You will now be viewing a page with information about your device.
5. Locate and click 'Back Up Now'
6. Select the files you need to backup (music, photos, etc.) and hit Ok.
7. Allow the process to complete. 'Back Up Complete' will be displayed when the process is finished.
Now that you have created a backup of your important important files, it's time to go ahead and restore your iPhone.
Here are the steps you should take in order to restore your iPhone to Factory Settings:
1. With your iPhone 5 still connected to your computer, click on the 'Restore' button to the right of the screen.
2. A message will pop up asking 'Are you sure you want to restore… All data will be lost…,' click 'Restore' to commence the process.
3. Itunes will now automatically restore your iPhone. Leave the phone connected to your computer and the process will complete.
Note: Do not disconnect your phone during the process. Also, your phone may restart a few times, this is quite normal.
Once the restore process is complete, here are the steps to restore your backed up files to your iPhone:
1. Once restore is complete, iTunes will ask if you want to restore from backup, please click 'Restore From Back Up' and allow the process to complete.
2. After the process is completed, you may disconnect your phone from the computer and begin using it.
You problems with Siri should now be solved and your phone restored to good working order.