N/APosted on - 03/23/2012
I want to extract a background score from a song, using Audacity Software.
By using content from various sites from the internet I tried a variety of ways but nothing worked.
Someone please help me on this.
Need Help for Separating back ground score from a song using Audacity
You can extract the background from a music using Audacity by removing its vocals. Read the steps below. Please take note that the effectiveness of these steps will depend on the quality of the sound file you will use.
1. Import the file in Audacity by dragging the file into the workspace or by using the shortcut key Ctrl+O.
2. In the pane on the left side of the screen, click the drop-down arrow and choose Split Stereo Track.
3. The left pane will now be split into two channels. Click the drop-down arrows on the left and the right channels and choose Mono.
4. Click the right track channel then go to Effect and select Invert.
5. Wait for Audacity to finish inverting the right channel. This will extract the background.
6. Export the file as an MP3.