N/APosted on - 01/25/2013
Hello guys! I have some files to store in the computer and my plan was to create a partition just intended for my important files. I have successfully created the partition but it seems that I can't access it. I can see that there's a lock icon on it, obviously it's locked. I really need your help on how to unlock NTFS HDD so I can now store my files. Thanks!
Need help on how to unlock NTFS HDD
Hello there Celena,
I know this can be frustrating but worry no more because here's my tutorial on "How to unlock NTFS Disk/Partition":
1. On you windows machine go to "My Computer".
2. Right click on the hard drive or partition that you want to unlock and then click "Properties"
3. Go to the "Security" tab and then choose "Advanced" button.
4. Change to the "Owner" tab and then click "Edit", for windows 7 and Vista users this will "Continue" instead.
5. Choose your username from the user's list.
6. Click the "Replace owner on the subcontainers and objects" check box and then click "Ok" twice.
7. Select "Edit" button to add access permission to your user account and then click "Add", "Advanced" and "Find Now" then click "Ok".
8. Click your username and click "Allow" check box for "Full Control", click "Ok", "Yes", and "Ok" again and then your drive is now unlocked.
Hope this helps your problem.