N/APosted on - 08/07/2011
My Yahoo account from USA was accessed illegally and I can't seem to open it again. I tried every possible ways to answer the security questions with the one I entered when I created my Yahoo but it is not working anymore. How can I fix it and recover my account?
My Yahoo Email ID was Infiltrated from USA
Have you tried to enter your Yahoo ID and password correctly? To know if your Yahoo account was compromised, check on the following:
1. There are changes in your account information even if you did not change it.
2. There are logins from other places. You can view it by signing in your Yahoo account information and then click View your recent sign-in activity on the Sign-In and Security option.
3. There are sent messages in your Sent folder that you did not send.
4. You are getting multiple failed delivery notifications.
5. You are not receiving any expected mails.
If you think that your account has been accessed illegally, change your password immediately. If you already tried the Security Questions, try to resend the new password on your alternate email address. If you did not specify any alternate email addresses, immediately go to Yahoo! Account Help and find out how you can recover your account or go to their Yahoo! Help Central. Choose Yahoo! Account from the Select a product drop down list and then choose the infiltrated accounts from the Category drop down list. And then select a sub-category that will identify your issue and enter how can Yahoo help you and click on the Enter button. They will have an appropriate Quick Answers below to help you or you can also talk to their support team if needed.
I think this is the best way to recover your stolen account.