N/APosted on - 12/26/2014
Why is my skydrive not verifying the email address I share my file with? I send a skydrive link to a colleague to access a file on my skydrive, but he log in with a different email address different from the one I use in the invite and skydrive doesn’t complain, granting him access. Is my skydrive under attack? How can I enforce skydrive to strictly enforce the email in the invite sent?
My Skydrive is not protected
You need to change the permissions/Settings while sharing File/Folder with anyone. Follow the steps listed below to change the permission.
1. For change in permission, Click on “Recipient can view or Recipient can edit” option. If you want recipient to edit documents without signing in , then you will have to give permission as Recipient can edit . With this permission recipient can only use office online to edit the office documents.
2. For other option like Add, Delete recipient needs to sign in with a Microsoft account.
3. If you always want a recipient to sign in with a Microsoft account, then choose “Recipient needs to sign in with a Microsoft account” option.
4. Click on share to save the permission settings.
5. Once you click on share , it will ask you for email address with whom you want to share the document.
6. Once you put the email address and click on share button, A email will be triggered sending a message with the link of a item.