N/APosted on - 12/17/2012
I have a computer at my home running on win XP OS and I use to perform only basic activities. But I like to maintain my computer well. For the past one week, my screen saver is not appearing and is missing from the desktop.
But, there is no problem with newer versions. Please advise me whether I need to change my monitor or get it repaired.
Thanks for the solutions.
My screen saver is not appearing and is missing from the desktop
If you cannot view display on your monitor then try to check the cords connect to your Monitor or change the monitor and see the result. If the problem is not with your monitor try this.
1. Click on start and type in search regedit.
2. In registry click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
3. Now click on Software.>Microsoft.>Windows.>Current version.>Policies.>System.
4.you will see there two files NoDispBackgroundPage and NoDispScrSavPage.
5. Right click on both of them one by one.
6. Click on Modify
7. Put 0 in value data and click on ok.
If this solution did not help you then try to Restore your system
1. Click on start and then Help and support.
2. You will see Undo changes to computer with system restore.
3. Restore my computer to earlier time.
4. Choose the date and click
5. Follow the instruction.