My Nokia mobile falls in water

Asked By 0 points N/A Posted on -
qa-featured

When I am going along side of the road my mobile phone suddenly dropped in the water. Will it cost me any harm, what should I do? Is there any way to repair it or I have to replace it.

SHARE
Best Answer by Jerry147
Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 0 points N/A #117288

My Nokia mobile falls in water

qa-featured

It is a great mistake done by you. There is narrow chance to repair the mobile which falls into water. The ICs of your mobile could be having some damages. If water gets into the circuit board the board will be unable to use anymore.

You have to change the circuit board. or you have to dry it from hair dryer or sun heat. But it could do some damage to your IC(circuit board). You should go to your nearest mobile phone servicing Centre to repair it.

You might have to replace it(circuit board) with a new one. As your mobile is a camera multimedia set, you might face many problems. It will cost  you your camera or screen. So take it to the servicing Centre.

Answered By 0 points N/A #117289

My Nokia mobile falls in water

qa-featured

Any electronic device that drops into water can be repaired even by your self. After dropping, remove the battery immediately. Disassemble your cell phone unit and dry the unit using medium hot air, or use a hair dryer.

Do not turn on your cell phone unit until you are not sure that your cell phone components are dried. Turning on a unit with a wet circuit board will cause damage or short circuit on the circuit board.

If you are already sure that the unit was dried, assemble your cell phone unit and turn it on to test if it is still working. If the unit doesn’t power on, replace the battery pack with a new one. This time your unit might work on. 

Answered By 0 points N/A #117290

My Nokia mobile falls in water

qa-featured

Hi, Adrian45,

This is a real mistake of you. Warranty does not cover for most of electronics Items including mobile phone  for water damage. If it has any damage  you have to take the cost of it.

First you have to see if the phone is working. If the phone is working first you take immediate action to power off and try to completely cover in a bowl of rice to absorb the excess moisture.

Please keep it for at least 24 hours. After that remove the battery and dry it completely. After ensuring that there is no water please power on and if  it's not working, send it to the mobile phone service center.

With Best Regards,
Haritha Jayasundara.

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions