N/APosted on - 10/20/2014
Whenever I make my iPhone 5S WiFi hotspot, it gets extremely heated up and the battery drains too fast! I am currently using OS version 7.2.2 and phone is in warranty. Apple devices don't show such behavior as much I have seen through my experience with Apple Devices. What should I do to avoid such overheating?
My iPhone 5S is getting overheated
It is a much maligned issue in iOS 7. In order to prevent your iPhone to heat up, you need to be careful while using.
1. Remove your case while using Wi-Fi Hotspot.
2. Turn off some services that you don't use such as Bluetooth, Push notification.
3. Try not to use turn by turn directions.
4. Try to keep the brightness as low as possible.
It will keep your phone cool. However, you can also dig into the setting and change some of it in order to keep your phone cool.
1. Go to Privacy > Location Services > System Services
2. Turn off Diagnostics & Usage
3. Do the same for Location-based iAds and Popular Near Me features.