N/APosted on - 08/06/2014
I have here an HP 3100 desktop and my problem is the sound is not working, the error is no audio device found, I tried to install and uninstall, I worked on soundmax but it also says drivers not found. Can anyone here please help me solve my HP desktop audio issue?
My desktop has no sound
Such problem usually happens when a service called “Windows Audio” does malfunction or not started.
1. Go to Start menu >> type “Run” >> hit Enter.
2. Type “services.msc” >> hit Enter.
3. Scroll down and find out for “Windows Audio” service.
4. Double-click to open “Properties” of the service.
5. From “General” tab, set the following settings:
Startup type: Automatic
Service status: Started (if “Stopped”, click “Start” button to start the service)
6. Press Apply >> OK.
Also, check your sound driver for latest update. It is important because the latest drivers get new improvements and issues fixed. Download Realtek HD Audio Codecs.
Now, you should be able to enjoy nice sound.