N/APosted on - 06/05/2012
I have a 4th generation iPod, I got this 1 year before. At the beginning it was good. But recently I experience some problems with my iPod.
When I try to edit a image in it, it suddenly freezes and goes to white screen. After a while it automatically shuts down.
I try resetting and some simple ways to solve this, nothing works.
Anyone know how to fix this ?
My 4th generation iPod restart automatically
Hi there Cynthia,
Have you try to reset your iPod to Factory Setting,
Here is how to do it :
1. Tap Setting app on iPod Home screen
2. Tap on General > Scroll down then tap Reset
3. Tap Reset All Setting then tap on Reset All Setting again
4. Wait until reset process finish. If by resetting to factory setting your iPod still getting the same error, Try to restore your iPod touch using iTunes.
Follow these instruction below to restore your iPod :
1. Make sure your iPod iOS is Up to date (iOS 5.1.1), if your iPod iOS is 5.1.1 then your iPod can be restored, but if your iPod iOS is older then you cannot restore your iPod the only way is to Upgrade your iPod iOS. We assume that your iPod iOS is the latest one.
2. Run iTunes program using your computer
3. Select your iPod from the iTunes then click Restore button > then click Back Up > then click Restore
4. Wait until the restore process finish, it may take a while because iTunes will download iOS from apple server
IOS size is about 700MB.
You can also download iOS manually here
After download, you can restore your iPod by holding Shift + click restore then choose your iOS ipsw you've just downloaded
and wait until the process finish.