N/APosted on - 10/20/2014
I bought MOTO G 1st Gen and in second month I was facing a strange problem in my device. My device is getting factory reset automatically and I am getting emails from ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER stating “REMOTE ERASE REQUESTED” .Customer support is not able to resolve my problem since one month. What should I do?
My 1st Gen MotoG is getting factory reset automatically!
To solve your problem, you need to first understand the concept of Android Device Manager. It is a software that has the ability to take command from a computer and then perform it on your phone. In order to reset or lock down your phone, it uses your Gmail ID. So, a problem with your Gmail ID can automatically cause this problem.
1. Check whether someone else is using your Gmail. Change password if there is any doubt.
2. Head over to the device manager's webpage.
3. Check whether the automatic reset option is turned on. If it is, then turn it Off.
4. If it still doesn't solve your problem, uninstall the device manager and then reinstall it.
5. Log in to the manager with a different Gmail ID.