N/APosted on - 04/05/2015
My mouse is working, but occassionally it shows very "choppy" movements. I've tried changing mouse pads but that doesn't seem to help. This is a plugged in mouse and it doesn't do it all the time, but are there any other suggestions? I could get another mouse and make sure it is the mouse and not the laptop, but thought I'd check first. Thanks!
Mouse is showing choppy movement
There few ways to fix your issue and the best way to do this is to calibrate your mouse’s behavior.
Calibrating mouse behavior.
1. Go to Start, select Control Panel.
2. Select “Mouse” and click the icon. Mouse Properties Window will appear.
3. In the “Buttons” tab, under “Double-Click” speed drag the throttle to 60% or few clicks pass the mid-level.
4. Go to “Pointer Options” tab. Under Motion, set the throttle to mid-level speed.
5. Wheel Propertie’s tab, set all “Horizontal” and “Vertical Scrolling” 2-3 values. Click apply to finalize and make changes to effect.
Update your Mouse’s Driver and Software.
1. While you’re still in Control Panel, click Device Manager.
2. Drop down Mice and other Pointing Device.
3. Right-click on MS PS/2 mouse and select “Update Driver Software…”
4. Follow the on-screen guide and restart your system after completing the update process.