Asked By 10 points N/A Posted on - 10/18/2014
I have recently bought Motorola Moto Gen 2. I have been trying to install ROM on my Android phone (Moto G 2) and it is continuously showing Status 7 error, what is this error all about and what should I do to resolve the issue? What are the possible causes of this error?
Moto G Second Gen(G2) shows Status seven error
The first thing to try is to update the version of ROM Manager you are using. In most cases, this will resolve your Status 7 Error.
If this doesn’t solve your error, please follow the steps below:
- Extract the ROM .zip folder onto your computer’s desktop
- Open the unzipped folder, and look for the META-INF>COM>GOOGLE>ANDROID directory.
- There are 2 files, namely “Update-binary” and “Updater-script”
- Rename the file called “Updater-script” to “Updater-script.txt”
- Open this file
- Highlight the text for the line starting from “assert” to the next semicolon, and delete it
- Save the file, and then rename it back to “Updater-script”
- Add ALL the extracted files back into a zipped file
- Copy the new, zipped folder to your phone
- Try re-installing the ROM