N/APosted on - 08/14/2011
Whenever I try to use a cut or copy command, in Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, I receive an error message of insufficient memory.
There is a 25 GB hard disk space and 4 GB memory on my development box.
I am using a Windows 7 Ultimate machine with all the latest patches.
Microsoft Visual Studio
Insufficient available memory to meet the expected demands of an
operation at this time, possibly due to virtual address space
fragmentation. Please try again later.
This error comes up, on most of my Windows XP machines also.
Hope there is a hot fix for this.
Is someone aware of the same?
Microsoft Visual Studio Insufficient available memory
Have you checked if your system's virtual memory is currently disabled or set manually?
You can check this by:
1. Click on start.
2. Right click on Computer.
3. Select properties.
4. On the left hand side click on the Advanced system settings.
5. A System property window should pop up.
6. Under the Advanced tab, Click on Settings button under the Performance portion of the window.
7. Under the Performance window, Click on the Advanced Tab.
8. Look for the Total paging file size for all drives.
9. If it is currently set to Manual. Try changing it to allow Windows to automatically manage it for you and see if the error message will still appear.
If this doesn't help.
Try checking this Hotfix and see if it resolves your problem.
You must have Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 installed to apply this Hotfix.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply the Hotfix, if no instance of Visual Studio is being used.
Hotfix replacement information
This Hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
The English version of this Hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table.
The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
When you view the file information, it is converted to local time.
To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.