N/APosted on - 10/15/2013
While opening a connection to Microsoft SQL Server I get an error as shown below. I am new to computing so I would like all suggestions that will help me figure out the source of the error.
Cannot connect to BKKSQL020SQLEXPRESS
Login failed for user ‘sa’ (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456)
Microsoft SQL Server cannot connect to BKKSQL020
Use the following steps to resolve your issue
· Check if the server is responding by ping command
· Check the configuration of the firewall
· The TCP port or the pipeline has to be specified in the connection string
· Check whether SQL Server Browser Services are enabled.
· Check if the port UDP 1434 is open in the firewall
· Check if you are using the correct username and password