N/APosted on - 08/23/2014
Microsoft Security Essentials does not turn on at startup, and this error appears every time I want to start the program. I don’t know what to do next or how to solve this. Can anyone help me please to fix this error ? Why is not working ?
Thank you !
Microsoft Security Essentials
Real-time protection couldn’t be turned on.
This operation returned because the timeout period expired.
Click Help for more information about this problem.
Error code: 0x800705b4
Microsoft Security Essentials cannot be turned on
These issues generally occur due to a conflict with other antivirus.
1. Restart your computer and try to turn on real – time protection to see if the problem persist.
2. Check whether you are using another antivirus. Disable Windows defender, if it is turned on.
3. If you have used any other antivirus software, make sure you have uninstalled and cleaned them properly.
4. Reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials.
5. Update the software and switch on the real time protection.
Well, You are good to go now.