N/APosted on - 03/30/2015
I have a dual cored processor and I recently installed Microsoft Office 2013. It was running fine that later day but when I opened it today and ran a slide on it it freeze and restarted on itself. I have tried reinstalling the software and also downloading an error free program but the problem is same. The problem occurs in MS Word also if the files are huge. I frequently need to make slides but I unable now because of this problem so please help me.
Microsoft powerpoint keeps on restarting
Let’s see where you are right now.
1. Difficulties in opening MS Word and PowerPoint files especially if it’s huge or bulky.
2. Reinstalled a fresh MS Office Applications but still the same.
3. I’m sure you already restarted/rebooted your system many times just to make this open and run properly.
Please try this.
1. Press “Ctrl” + “Alt” + “Delete” to pen Task Manager. Make it sure that there are no instances for MS Word or MS PowerPoint still running.
2. Press “Windows” button in your keyboard and press “R” to pen the “Run” dialog box.
3. Type “winword<space>/safe” and press “Enter.”
4. Microsoft Word will open.
5. Click “File” and then “Options.”
6. Click “Add-Ins.” Look for “Manage” and set “COM Add-ins” and click “Go…”
7. Un-tick “ABBYY FineReader xxxxxxx COM Add-in” and select “OK” option/button.
8. Restart again your MS Word or PowerPoint or your system and check if there’s still problem.