N/APosted on - 05/10/2012
How can we sort out “Can't Create File” while opening it via Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010?
Whenever I try to open a file through Microsoft Outlook it resulted with an error which ends Microsoft Outlook application, even with the latest versions (2003, 2007 and 2010). Below is the exact error message that prompts.
“Can’t create file: filename. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder.”
Microsoft Outlook 2007/2010 – attachment concern
This issue happens frequently when Outlook can’t access the tempfile that the file link to. To fix this issue, try to follow these step-by-step procedure:
1. Start > Run and type regedit.
2. Edit > Find and type OutlookSecureTempFolder.
3. When regedit has initiate the entry, it will notify you where your Out look temp files are being accumulated. It should be like;
C:Documents and SettingsusernameLocal SettingsTemporary Internet FilesOLKrandomnumber
4. Open MyComputer and steer to this setting on your Hard drive disk.
5. Remove all of the files stored in this folder.
6. Now, you must reboot Microsoft Outlook and you should be able to open your attachment.
I hope this information helps,