N/APosted on - 06/24/2013
I am having trouble while accessing the PowerPoint. When I tried to edit a theme using this program it gave me the following error. I can’t access this program so assist me to resolve this problem.
There was an error accessing F:/New Them Edited.thmx.
Microsoft Office PowerPoint error: can’t edit themes
This error message pops up in MS PowerPoint when you are trying to access a file that is not present in the specified location or there are some security setting issues for the file and PowerPoint.If the theme file is not present in the specified error location, place the file in that location and try opening it.Ifthe same error pops up even with the theme file present in the folder location, follow the below steps to fix the file security settings:
1) Right-Click on the theme file and click on 'Properties' option in it
2) Select the 'General' tab in the pop up window and click on 'Unblock' option.Click on 'OK
3)'If the 'Unblock 'option is not present, it indicates that the file is unblocked
Hence the security setting of PowerPoint need to be changed as follows:
1) Click on the 'File' tab in the menu bar and click on 'OPTIONS' menu
2) Click on the 'Trust Center' and then click on 'Trust Center Settings' option.
3) Click on 'Protected View' option.Uncheck on the 'Enable protected view for files originating from the internet' option in the window
4) Click 'OK' for all dialog boxes.Restart MS PowerPoint and try opening the same theme file again
The theme file should load without any error.