N/APosted on - 07/23/2016
What are the merits and demerits of creating a database in Excel 2010? I know, there are many programming software for creating well organised Database, but I want to know that, do MS Excel 2010 can also stand up to the mark?
Merits and Demerits of creating a database in Excel 2010
Yes, Excel is able to perform as a Database Application, and you can do everything in it as you would have done in any programming language. But, there are some limitations also, as Excel may get slow when burdened with huge workload. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of creating database in Excel 2010:
• First, as MS Office is already installed in Windows, you don’t need any other external software.
• Second, you can learn the Excel VBA Programming, since you already know about Excel.
• From Excel, you can always upgrade your Database platform to Access, SQL, etc.
• Excel provides a number of assets to create your financial modules.
• In Excel, you can share your database via E-mail.
• If you use complex formulas, or big amount of data, your program execution can get slow.
• Excel files can get lost, if you break a large database into smaller files.
• The number of rows and columns are limited in an Excel sheet.