N/APosted on - 08/12/2014
When I want to log in into McAfee Endpoint Encryption this error appears. I double checked for the user name and the password and they are OK. I think that the problem could be with my PC. Does anyone have some free time to help me please ? How should I proceed next ?
Endpoint Encryption Error
Authentication parameters incorrect
McAfee Endpoint encryption error authentication parameters
Incorrect password is the cause of such error. In order to fix it, you’ll have to retrieve it through “User Recovery”.
1. From preboot login window, hit “Cancel”.
2. At the bottom, click “Options”.
3. Go to Recovery >> User Recovery >> type your username.
Now, you’ll have to contact the Endpoint Encryption Administrator of the organization using a “Challenge Response Code” from Endpoint Encryption Server.
In order to generate the recovery code,
1. Start Endpoint Encryption Manager.
2. Go to Recovery >> Perform Recovery.
3. Type the “Challenge Response Code”. You’ll notice the username in “Manager” console.
4. Click Next >> choose “Reset the user’s password”.
Now, from the client PC,
1. Enter the “Recovery Code” >> click “Finish”.
2. Type the new password and click “OK”.
Now, your problem should disappear.
For more help, you may consult this page.