N/APosted on - 12/31/2014
I am using MATLAB 2009a on Windows 7 32 bit. I am trying to run this program that includes a mexmaci file, a mexw32 file and a cpp file. I tried to run the program but got an error that said, "Could not detect a compiler on local system which can compile the specified input file(s). Error using mex (line 115) Unable to complete successfully". How can I execute my program correctly? Is the error because of files that are not supported by MATLAB?
MATLAB error could not detect a compiler on local system…
Before you can run a sample program in MATLAB, like with any other programming languages, the code has to be compiled first in order to run it. If you are using MATLAB 2009a, you need to have all the requirements for MEX so the compiler can properly execute it. For MATLAB 2009a, the supported and compatible compilers for MEX, Engine, and MAT-file Access are the following:
* Intel C++ 9.1
* Intel Visual Fortran 9.1 or 10.1
* 32-bit Lcc
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Professional 9.0 Service Pack 1
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express 9.0
* Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Professional 8.0 Service Pack 1
* Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003 Professional 7.1
* Microsoft Visual C or C++ Professional 6.0
* Open Watcom 1.7
Verify you have any of these and try again.