N/APosted on - 06/07/2011
Protection against malware.
There are vast number of malware on the internet, a threat that should never be disregarded. Lots of untrustworthy sites that may harm your computer. Everyone should be aware of this because it may risk your computer system. My computer before, was devastated with malware as well as viruses and worms. I was so ignorant and amazed with the different webpages that I used to visit and download from any site without having a clue of whatever the consequences that I may encounter. Malware are destructible and dangerous.
As many evil people try to intrude our system there are also good ones who tried to protect us from this. There are malware protection software’s over the net, most of them can be downloaded for free others are with 30 days trial and should be bought right after you like the effectiveness of the software.
The question is; How do they spread over the internet, what does malware do to computer system and how can I figure out if the downloadable items is attached with malware? What would be the best malware protection software?
Malware protection ways to do?
Malicious software or Malware and viruses consists of programming languages such as scripts, code, active content, and any other software which is made to mess up a device. The malware also gathers information that can lead to exploitation and privacy invasion or any other behavior and unauthorized access that can harm computer and system resources.
Any software can actually be considered to be a malicious file but it depends on why a creator creates it. People can have good intentions and some can have bad. Malware files can include rootkits, computer viruses, Trojan horse, crimeware, spyware, worms, dishonest adware, scareware, and any other malicious programs.
There are many ways that malware can be put on a computer, such as :
1. Any program installed from an untrustworthy source that shouldn’t be. These programs may include toolbars, screensavers, or ILLEGAL FILE SHARING¾
2. Email is one of the most popular ways to spread malware viruses. You have to be aware of any emails with an attachment. If you do not know the email sender, do not download any object or open any link. Even if you know the sender, you still need to be cautious.
3. Do not be nosey of other people's data. For example, if you have someone's flash disk and do not dig into it deeply. If the file is not a data file, but an .exe file that will be trigger when you open it.
4. Social engineering is another way to spread viruses and malware. Malicious file can be put on the computer when someone uses your computer. To avoid this, create a guest account with limited access to settings. This will stop users from installing any malware or viruses. You need to know why another person uses your desktop or laptop and never ever use a singular password for all of your social accounts. A social engine has the capability to easily find any related information
5. The internet is also a place where it can spread easily. A virus or a Trojan horse can come from emails or malicious websites. A worm could be sent to your system if you are connected to an untrusted network.
You need to know the safety and the type of files you download and what websites you browse. It would be better for you if you do not know a sender that sent an email for you to simply not download anything or open any links. Always use an Antivirus which should be updated all the time and scans run to control malware removal. You must understand how to protect your device. Even if you have an expensive antivirus and you have no idea how to use it, it is useless.
Malware protection ways to do?
I understand the aggravation that you are experiencing. Trying to figure out, why something very simple to complete becomes a lengthy repair process, is more than frustrating.
Malware by its definition, is any form of malicious software. This programming is designed to access private information or block access, and genuinely disrupt the operation of your machine. Believe it or not, software itself could be technically classified as malware, based on the perceived intent of the creator and not the user. That's a really scary notion.
There are some reports that show that the release of malicious software, is actually exceeding, the rates of legitimate software releases. There are many ways that this can infect your PC, the most popular gateways of delivery are email and internet browsing. Even official sites are not guaranteed to eliminate the introduction of malware, into your PC.
The biggest issue with malware is that, without protection added to your computer you don't have any idea that it is there. Malware is different from viruses in it's behavior. Most users will notice that the performance of their PC just lacks something. No processor or graphics card is going to outrun the ugly behavior of these programs. Most users will be convinced that it is the router or internet connection that is causing the issues. This is only because, most computer users are spending time on the internet and email so those are the applications that the issues appear to be affecting.
There are some versions of the these programs like Avast, that will create conflicts with some applications, that you may be running. You will know if that is the issue; either the updates to Avast will not update correctly or if you use applications behind a VPN, you will not be able to load or access them successfully. If this becomes an issue you can disable the program in the user interface temporarily or until you restart the PC.
If it becomes business critical, you can find earlier versions of the software that will offer the same protection like 5.0.7. The only warning I have, is to watch the warnings that these programs give you. There are some earlier versions of Avast and AVG where the virus databases are no longer updated. They are still accurate programs for the most part. Malicious programs change on a regular basis, so you are going to want to use updated software. The versions that are no longer updated usually have a warning with them regarding the database updates. The only downside is that it is not always clearly annotated on the download page. I have seen instances where the warning does not appear until after the setup wizard has completed. If that occurs do not just automatically select the update from that pop-up. It will automatically install the latest version and may take more time uninstalling and reinstalling the software again. Avast and AVG both offer free support by email as well if you are using the free versions.
The key to success, is going to be utilizing the features, your computer has, to its fullest. Use the firewall that is built in. Windows Defender will work, if you allow it to do its job. It will protect your PC from most Spyware programs.
If you spend a great deal of time on the internet try Malwarebytes. It is another free program, that cleans up the little butts of trash that are left behind and that can also lead to internet connectivity issues. Run these programs weekly if possible, if you are a heavy internet user. If not, I would make sure it is run at least once a month. Regular updates are the key to a healthy PC life.
Malware protection ways to do?
That is a good inquiry about Malware, but first things first. I will briefly explain what malware is and what malware does to your computer and the different types of ways to get yourself protected from these nasty viruses that spread throughout the internet.
1. What is Malware?- Malware is a short form of Malicious software. It is designed to target the computer software and to corrupt the software. Malicious software often comes with other programs. It is attached to files and software which are downloaded from the internet. The programs or files to be downloaded can be clean, but often times people attach these viruses to the files or programs to either prank or destroy another user's computer.
2. What does it do to your computer?- Malware generally targets your computer hard disk (also known as the Hard Drive). It is made to corrupt files or delete files. When a file is corrupted, the Malware then starts to spread throughout your computer to corrupt and delete more and more files, until your computer’s hard disk has been rendered completely useless. Thus making the user of the computer to either format or purchase a new hard disk.
3. How do you get Malware on your computer?- Malware are actually attached viruses to certain files on the internet. Malware are in different forms of viruses like computer viruses, Spyware, Worms, Trojan Horses, etc. Take Trojan horses for example. Just like the Trojan horse constructed in the story of “Troy”. The Trojan horse needs to enter the computer before it starts taking its effect on the computer. When the file is opened by the user the Trojan horse is now then released to roam around your computer destroying as many files as it can.
4. How do you get protection from Malware?- There are many types of Malware and some malware cannot be protected by just a single Antivirus program. The best solution to get fully protected from all Malware is to use at least 3 or more different types of Antivirus programs. There are many Antivirus programs, which can be downloaded for free or purchased on the internet. The free anti-virus programs only give you a maximum of 30 days trial before they ask you to purchase their product. Do not go for manipulated versions which can be downloaded from the Internet. Some of them may also contain the Malware itself. To be sure that the Malware won’t be able to enter your computer, you could purchase the lifetime programs and CD’s either on the internet or various computer shops.
5. Some tips on how to make sure that the programs you’re downloading doesn’t contain any Malware.- Check the reviews of the people, who have already downloaded the program. Check the number of downloads of the program. Ask friends or relatives if they have tried downloading the program. Download the programs from another computer before putting it on your home computer.
I hope that this will be able to help you understand more about Malware and the internet.
Good luck! And happy surfing!
Malware protection ways to do?
Regarding on Malware issue there is another Techyv post which one also will be helpful for you to resolve this issur.
How to protect my PC from malware?