N/APosted on - 09/11/2012
I am currently using a Toshiba E205 S1904, but suddenly my WiDi seems to have malfunctioned.
I immediately attempted to install the latest driver (version 22.214.171.124), but I got this error prompt, which I have posted below.
Intel(R) WiDi Installer Information
Error 1721. there is a problem with the Windows
Installer package. A program required for the install to
complete could not be run. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action:
I also tried to update my WiFi and HD graphics drivers to no avail.
Please suggest what else I can do to solve this problem.
Malfunctioning of WiDi while installing last driver of Toshiba E205 S1904
You are facing the problem because of a fault in your computer's drivers. When you install an update to a driver you have to disable the previous driver and then install the new driver. Then you will not face the error mentioned above. Try the following:
1. Go to the official website of toshiba and download the tool to check the working of drivers.
2. Install it on your computer and click on scan drivers.
3. The tool will scan the computer for faulty drivers.
4. After the scan is complete you will know which drivers need to be updated.
5. Download the drivers and install them on your computer.
6. Restart the system after installing the drivers.
Hope this information helps you.