N/APosted on - 08/17/2012
Our Google Chrome’s Dev Channel is malfunctioning. This is typical when we open PDFs with Chrome’s built-in viewer.
To stop it from freezing and making more damage, we decided to close Chrome.
Bad news is, opening it again results to two error messages headed by Your profile could not be opened correctly.
Your profile could not be opened correctly. Some features may be unavailable. Please check that the profile exists and you have permission to read and write its contents.
What changes are necessary? Where can we find the profile to check if it exists?
Waiting for your replies.
Malfunctioning of Google Chrome’s Dev Channel
The following method should help you resolve the issue that you are getting.It is attempts to create a new profile with most of the useful data from old profile copied in to it. The following are the steps:
First, you will need to rename the Default folder at the following directory: C:Users\AppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser DataDefault [ name it "Default.old"]
After that you will have to create a new folder with name “Default”
And then you will copy the files/folders given below from original Default folder, which has the name “Default.old”, to a new Default folder one at a time . After each step, you should attempt opening Chrome to see if the error comes. In case an error comes, then it implies that the latest object you copied caused the issue.
Local Storage folder