N/APosted on - 05/30/2012
I do not want to use the YouTube app on my iPhone anymore. YouTube (mobile) via Safari looks way better so. I was wondering if you can teach me how do I make my iPhone stop automatically opening the YouTube app. And let it stay at Safari instead.
Make Youtube open in Safari by default
Follow this instruction to make YouTube video open in Safari not in the YouTube app.
1. On your iPhone home, tap on Settings.
2. On the Settings screen, tap on General.
3. Then on General screen, tap on Restrictions.
4. On Restrictions screen there is a YouTube app in the list, but you can’t switch that on or off because Restrictions are still disabled. To make it enable, tap on Enable Restrictions.
5. After that you must set a password for Restrictions. Enter the password you want then re-enter again for verification.
6. Now you can slide application on the Restrictions screen list to on or off. Slide YouTube app to off.
7. Then press the home button. You will bring back to home screen and there’s no YouTube app icon on screen.
8. That’s it. Now you can open YouTube video on Safari.