N/APosted on - 07/13/2016
I am looking for an alternative to active directory of Microsoft. The platform should be authentic and authorized. I don’t want to build such an infrastructure manually for my personal purpose. Kindly find the best alternatives.
Looking for an alternative to active directory of Microsoft Windows
Active Directory (AD) is developed for domain networks of Windows. Being a directory service, it’s available for use in most Sever OS of Microsoft as a service.
Some of the available alternatives are as follows.
• Univention Corporate Server: The best alternative to active directory of Microsoft Windows.
• Apache Directory: It is an independent directory but can be deployed only with Apache DS.
• OpenLDAP: It is a multi-OS and open source software.
• JXPlorer: It is a Java powered browser for LDAP having various tools.
• Samba: Being a free and open source program, it provides multiple services to its clients.
Hope that helps.