N/APosted on - 07/18/2016
Hi. I am using Mac, and the browser being used is Safari. I want to block a website on Safari but don’t know how to do it. I also want information about how to do it via an iOS device. Please help me with the same. Thanks in advance.
Learning How To Block A Website On Safari
Hi. The steps to block a website on Safari on your Mac are as follows-
1) Go to Utilities and click on terminal
2) After terminal opens up, type in sudo pico/, etc./hosts>Enter>host file opens in editing program of terminal
3) Type the IP address of all sites you wish to block and each entry should be made on a new line
4) Before exiting, press Ctrl+O>Enter.
The steps to block a website on Safari on iOS device are as follows-
1) Open the Settings icon on the device
2) General settings>Restrictions
3) Click on “enable restrictions “and enter your pass code.
4) When the restrictions menu opens up, you can click on websites to explore the tools that can be used for blocking purpose.
5) Either type in or copy-paste the address of the websites to be blocked.
6) After that, you can try accessing the site, and if you receive a message saying that the access is restricted, it means that the site has successfully been blocked from the iOS device.