N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
Hi. I am using SQL and I forgot the password. I have been trying from a long time to reset my password but without fail. What steps should be followed to recover SQL server password? Thanks in advance. Please reply ASAP.
Learn The Various Steps To Recover SQL Server Password
Hi The steps to be followed to recover SQL server password are as follows-
i) First way- using SSMS console
1) Go to start then click on all programs, open MS SQL Server 2005 and then click on SQL Server Management Studio Express
2) Connect to the SQL Server with Windows authentication
3) Right-click on SA then click on properties
4) Enter the password twice and then click on OK
ii) Using SQL password recovery tool
1) Run the SQL password recovery program. Then, click on open file to browse the file whose password is to be reset
2) Select the username whose password you have forgotten and then click on change password
3) Click on reset and enter the password as per your need and then click on OK
Hope we helped.