N/APosted on - 08/01/2016
Hi. What are the steps which need to be followed so as to know how to analyze network traffic? Also, what are the different types of software which can be used? Thanks in advance. Please reply ASAP.
Learn The Steps To Know How To Analyze Network Traffic
Hi. The steps which need to be followed so as to learn how to analyze network traffic are as given below-
1) Using NetworkMiner
• Run networkminer.exe with administrative privileges in Windows 7 and 8
• Click on the network interface for which the data needs to be transferred
• Select the host’s menu. Then, sort the hosts using the IP address, hostname, and OS
• To start analyzing, click on start menu
2) Using Wireshark
• Download the software from www.wireshark.org
• Install the software Wireshark as well as WinPcap which captures network packets
• Select the capture menu and then click on interfaces option
• To start recording the traffic, click on the start button
• To stop monitoring the traffic, click on capture option and then select the stop button
• Then, observe the information of each packet • Using Wireshark, you can check if any unwanted packets are being sent over the network or not, monitor how is the network being used by the program and find the program which is using up all the traffic of the network.
Hope we helped.