N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
Hi. I am looking forward to installing home security software for PC in my home. However, I am not sure how to go about doing it. So, can you help me by suggesting the steps to install the software? Thanks in advance. It will be a great help.
Learn How To Build Home Security Software For PC
Hi. MakeUseOf is software which offers home security with the help of a webcam. It offers a free trial period.
The free trial includes all the features offered by the original software with the addition of an extra window which appears on the right side of the screen. The steps to be followed so as to set up home security software for PC are as given below-
1) First, you need to install the webcam from the wizard after setting up the device.
2) After the installation gets complete, click on create new camera
3) Then, select the type of camera. There will be three types of options namely a local camera, network IP camera and remote camera
4) From the broadcasting window, select an option out of the three available options so as to choose a way in which the audio and video will be available on the internet
5) After setting up the device, you need to go to settings and click on motion direction
6) Among the options mentioned, click on send mail so as to get an email with some snapshots of the intruder.
7) Then, in the email settings dialogue box, enter the email address where you want to receive emails and how many snapshots the camera should take and other multiple settings.
Hope we helped.