N/APosted on - 07/28/2016
Hi. I am using the software exchange 2013. I would like to know about the exchange 2010 shared mailbox and the steps which need to be followed so as to construct a shared mailbox. Also, what are the steps to modify the allocation of the shared mailbox? Thanks in advance.
Learn about the creation of exchange 2010 shared mailbox
Hi. The steps to construct an exchange 2010 shared mailbox are-
1) Open Exchange 2010
2) Click on recipients, then shared and then click on add+
3) Type the display name and e-mail address
4) If you wish to add recipients and allot them permissions, then click on add+ and click on ctrl key to select many users.
5) Now, you can click file menu and then choose save option so as to create the shared mailbox.
The steps for modifying the allocation of the shared mailbox-
1) Click on recipients, then shared and then click on edit
2) Select the option mailbox delegation
3) Click on add+ or remove- to either add or delete the recipients from your shared mailbox
4) Click on file and then save to save the changes that you made to the mailbox You can also use the exchange management shell to create a shared mailbox. To learn more about it, visit the official website and follow the instructions mentioned. Hope we helped.