N/APosted on - 07/07/2014
I have a Dell Latitude running on Windows 7. It cannot detect the wireless networks available within range. It cannot even detect our own network but when I connect it via LAN, it works. But the weird thing is, it works in Safe mode with networking. The wireless switch is on, the driver has been updated, I have already disabled the firewalls. What should I check next?
Laptop cannot detect wireless networks
Non functioning wireless cards are not a problem, because it's usually just a driver interfering with the good behavior of your laptop.
Fixing this will require you to follow my steps carefully:
1. Uninstall the wireless drivers from the Windows Control Panel
1.a) Accessing the Control Panel is easy. Just press the start button and type in the search bar 'Control Panel'
1.b) Click on the Control Panel option newly shown in the list.
1.c) A new window will appear, then it will be necessary for you to access the Programs and Features option.
1.d) A list will appear with all your installed software. Search for your wireless drivers and then double click them. The installation Wizard will guide you on how to uninstall the drivers.
2. Reboot after the operation is complete.
3. Go to the official Dell Support website and then search for you laptop model and select it.
4. A new page will appear with all the available drivers for you operating system and laptop model. Select the wireless drivers and download them.
5. After the download is finished, install them normally by carefully reading every instruction shown on the setup wizard.
6. Reboot the laptop and then everything should work like it should.