N/APosted on - 05/09/2012
I’ve encountered an error message after installing iTunes 10.5 on my netbook stating that “Service Apple Mobile Device' (Apple Mobile Device) failed to start. Verify that you have specific privileges to start system services”.
I though there might something wrong in the installation process so I uninstalled iTunes and all Apple programs and restarted the netbook. After which I installed it again but I still get the same error. I have no idea why this is happening. Can someone help me with this?
You may try the following:
1. Manually start the Apple Mobile Device service. If you haven’t done this yet, here’s how:
a. Search for services.msc on your computer and run it.
b. Under the Name column, look for Apple Mobile Device.
c. Once found, right-click it and click Start.
d. After manually starting the service, you may try reopening iTunes.
2. If you are have anti-virus software installed, and then it could be blocking iTunes from running its services. Check if your anti-virus software has a built-in firewall, check the firewall rules and see if the iTunes or Apple Mobile Device service is allowed.
If you’re not sure on how to do this, just tell me which anti-virus software you are using so I can further research about your issue.
Before you start to uninstall your iTunes yet again.
1. Download a cleaning software for your computer, one is Ccleaner. Follow the steps below:
After which, you can also look for the option to Scan your PC for issues, and also Fix these found issues.
2. You can opt to manually remove all Apple components from the Control panel, or you can download an uninstaller to do the work for you. One is Iobit uninstaller.
3. Once you have done this, you can now install the latest version of iTunes.
Hope this works for you. Good luck!