N/APosted on - 07/12/2011
Hi, I received an IPod as a birthday gift. When I wanted to add some contents in it, I installed iTunes to my computer, but the installation process stopped because of an error.
Posted herewith is the screenshot of the error.
iTunes + QuickTime
iTunes could not be installed because of Visual Basic Script
(VBScript) is not installed or has been disabled. Make
sure VBScript is installed, turn off script blocking in
anti-virus and personal firewall software, re-register
VBScript, and then install iTunes.
As I looked upon the error, it is looking for some script. I am not a technical person to understand such error. I also asked some friends for help, and they don't have any idea on the error. I browsed the internet to search similar errors, nothing was found.
I posted my problem here, for help in installing I tunes. I hope I can get some ideas on my problem, please share some solutions.
ITunes could not be installed
This is a problem, where you will need to update both your ITunes software online and even your V.B script, according to which operating system you are using. Install the latest VBScript engine from Microsoft for your Windows OS platform
1. Windows 2000 Download and install the latest version of VBScript Windows 2000 at the link given below from Microsoft, and then try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
2. Windows XP Download and install the latest version of VBScript for Windows XP at the link given below from Microsoft, and then try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
Latest version of VBScript for Windows XP and Windows 2000
3. Windows Vista or Windows 7 No download necessary. The latest VBScripting engine, is already included with Windows Vista and Windows 7. Follow the steps below to register the VBSScript again, if you still have this issue in Vista or Windows 7.
* If the latest VBScript engine is already installed, register it again
For Windows 2000 or Windows XP:
1. On the Start menu, click Run.
2. In the "Open" field dialog box, enter the following command and click OK regsvr32 vbscript.dll
3. A message should appear stating that the "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."
4. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
For Windows Vista or Windows 7:
1. In the Start menu, type cmd in the Start Search field.
2. Right-click on cmd in the list of search results and click Run as administrator in the pop-up menu. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue. (If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will need to authenticate with an administrator login and password.)
3. In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command:regsvr32 vbscript.dll
4. Press Enter on the keyboard. A message should appear stating: "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."
5. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.
Hope this may solve your problem.
ITunes could not be installed
Here are short methods that might help you:
First, open this site for information about troubleshooting that happens upon installing or uninstalling or upgrading a certain program of a computer, which is Windows based Link
Another thing, check this site for the information you needed for iTunes, upon removing and installing it again and also for other software.
This site will help you and assist you for your problem regarding the iTunes.
Removing and Reinstalling iTunes QuickTime and other software components for Windows XP