N/APosted on - 07/22/2016
Hi. I have been trying to install active directory install windows 7 but every time it is about to complete, it terminates abruptly. Can you please suggest me the proper steps of how to go about the installation. Thanks in advance.
IT Support Guide: Active directory install Windows 7
Hey. The installation is quite easy. Follow the below-given steps-
1) First, download the install package from www.microsoft.com. Make the correct choice as per your PC’s requirement(32bit or 64bit)
2) As soon you run the package, a message will pop up asking if you wish to install the Windows software update. Click on Yes.
3) Then another message box will open up with all the Terms and Agreements. If you agree to the terms, click on I Agree.
4) After the installation completes, this takes few minutes, click on close.
5) After this, click on Start>Programs and Features
6) When the window opens, on the left side there will be four options available. Out of them, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
7) A Windows features box will open up. There will be an option Remote Server Administration Tools given along with a bulletin to its left. Click on it and expand the options. Similarly, expand Role Administration Tools, AD DS and AD LDS Tools and finally AD DS tools.
8) Select the Active Directory Administrative Centre and place a tick on it.
9) Save the changes by clicking on OK.
10) The installation is now done. Now, you can find Active Directory Users and Computers from the start menu itself.
Hope we helped.